We are looking for applicants who attend (or will attend) an online educational institution due to a chronic medical condition. The Sabrina Constellation Scholarship provides a modest stipend to help alleviate educational costs. Be sure to submit your application before 11:59 EST on June 12th!
- Review eligibility criteria
- Send application package and recommendation letters to email@example.com by 11:59 EST on June 12
- Please submit the application package (not including the recommendation letters) in a single email, either as a single document (PDF or word) or a zip file.
- Include your name and “Scholarship Application” in the subject line, as well as the following statement in the body of the email:
- “I have read the eligibility criteria and certify that I fulfill all listed requirements. I give permission to The Sabrina Constellation to display my creative submission on their website, Facebook page, and newsletter, should I be a recipient of the scholarship.”
Your application package should include:
- A personal statement (under 1500 words) to tell us about you (e.g. What obstacles have you overcome? What makes you excited to learn? What are your hobbies or passions? Do you have any special skills?).
- A short statement (under 500 words) addressing the following: Why do you go to school online, and why do you need financial assistance?
- Two recommendation letters (these should be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org by the recommenders)
- One letter must be from your online institution verifying your attendance (or future attendance)
- The other letter can be from anyone who knows you well! (Preferably not a relative.)
- Creative submission
- This is your opportunity to show us more of your hobbies and passions. Your creative submission can consist of anything that you have created: a short story, a recording, a video showing off a special talent or telling us about yourself, samples of artwork, etc. We will be displaying the creative submissions of our scholarship recipients on our website, newsletter, and Facebook page! If your submission is too large to send in the email, please attach a page with a link to the submission in the document containing your statements.
- Full name, preferred name (if different), mailing address, and preferred email address
- Resume/CV (optional)
An applicant must
- be a citizen of the United States of America
- be under 22 years of age at 11:59 EST June 12, 2018
- either attend an online educational institution based in the United States at time of application or be enrolled in an online educational institution for the 2018-2019 school year
- have a diagnosed chronic illness
(Note: We reserve the right to ask for verification that an applicant fulfills the eligibility criteria. Once we select our finalists, we will ask for some form of verification all eligibility criteria.)